Monday, January 17, 2011

Alright i know everyone defintely hates me right now and I am indeed sorry for not updating. I seriously been so busy that my emails to everyone have been really small. So lets get down to business shall we. This week was PHENOMENAL!!! Well wait let me back up a moment. Last week starting with Monday we got Move calls and were told that my companion Sister Lin would be transferred. So it started off pretty sad. We have learned sooo much from each other and spent a long time together, longer than any of my other companions. 18 weeks we were together. But the truth is we needed that long. Neither one of us were happy with the first transfer and hoped to stay together for another to really be the companions that God wanted us to be. The second and third transfer were great. We grew a lot. It just reminded me of the scripture in the Book of Mormon Helaman 3:35 which says "Nevertheless they did fast and pray oft, and did wax stronger and stronger in their humility, and firmer and firmer in the faith of Christ, unto the filling their souls with joy and consolation, yea, even to the purifying and the santification of their hearts, which sanctification cometh because of their yielding their hearts unto God." This work is the Lords work. We must all understand that. We grew sooo much. Anyway, after we found that out we just worked our faces off the last two days she had in the area. When I got to transfers I found out I was getting Sister Waldron. She came out after me and actually trained Sister Lin. Our week together has been great. So for planning on Thursday we decided "you know what lets text everyone in our phone that we don't know and see who they are." For those of you who are unfamiliar with missionary work or who served when they did not have cell phones (which was NOT forever ago) then I will explain why this is necessary. Every area that you serve in has a cell phone. This cell phone is normally full of numbers from people who were taught or met by the missionaries who served there previously. So when you get to that area its quite common that you a have phone with about 300 or 400 contacts and only 25% or so are people you know or that are in the ward. So this weekly planning session I went through and texted every person I did not know (since my comp had only been there 1 day she didnt know any of them). We had a ton of success. We were able to delete some people that moved and even schedule some appointments. We knew it would be a shot in the dark but we did it and the results were awesome. We even had one guy text us back who was being taught by the missionaries before and say yea I'm free this evening I get off work in a few hours how about then? Man, it was great. We agreed and set up a time to meet him at the chapel. When we got there something told me "give him a building tour!!" I was like what we havent even invited him come to church or taught him anything but i followed it and decided ok lets do a building tour. My comp was just as confused as I was. When we began the building tour, I for some reason wasnt really taking my time and kinda rushed through didnt really show all the classes and I'm just thinking to myself "SLOW DOWN... YOU ARE GOING 90 TO NOTHING RIGHT NOW" But something wouldnt allow me to slow down. Finally we get to the other side of the building and as were giving the tour i look out the door and there is a little Asian girl walking from the building door to get in her car. When she turned around i waved and she was kind of hesitant because she didnt know what to do so she waved back and I just kinda motioned her to come back. My comp at this time is still giving the tour and I go out to talk to this girl at the door and she says "oh im sooo sorry to come so late but I am a BYU applicant and I needed an interview with the Bishop here. I asked if she was a member of the Church and she said no. She was the sweetest girl ever. She said she just randomly googled good schools in the US and BYU came up and now she's adamant about going. So i took down her information and told her that she should probably just come to church on Sunday because Bishop is pretty busy but that I was surrrrre he would be probably be able to get to her interview some time within the 3 hour block. She was so excited and so was I. When we were through I went back to my comp and finished the building tour and then began to teach him about the Book of Mormon. It was an awesome lesson. On sunday we saw her at church and she loved it. We will be calling her today to see if we can get teach her. I just love her. I sat with her the whole time and she just listened and really appreciated all the talks given and the sunday school class. Well, people to be honest i have heard the word trunky and i just dont understand it. How could you ever be trunky doing this work it is amazing. I love it so much. I will try to post a story every week until I come home. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment