Monday, November 22, 2010
Happy Thanksgiving
Well folks its that time again... Another Thanksgiving away from my mom's great homecooking. But sometimes you have to sacrifice the good for something better. I never thought I would say that but I know I must put the Lord's work first. My companion and I have been seeing so many miracles I dont even know where to begin. We have been really trying to just talk to everyone. The other day we found this stack of papers from 06 to 09 where people had once upon a tme ordered things online. So my companion and I said well what the Hay why not check on them. It's a shot in the dark but at one point in time they were interested in hearing the message. So Sister Lin and I went to check on one guy and low and behold he didnt live there anymore (it was from 2006) but we met a guy and asked if we could share a message with him. He let us right in. For some reason we always try to share a message but something kept telling me to set a return appt and leave. So we did. On the way out I told Sister Lin how strong the impression was that I got for us to leave. We both thought it was a little wierd but we just followed it. On the way to our car something hit me again and said lets walk to our next appointment. It wasnt to far but we hadnt originally planned to walk but we headed there on foot. So as we were walking we started to cross over this McDonalds parking lot. In doing so we crossed paths with this girl who appeared pregnant (but thats never a question you want to ask unless 100% sure) and she was pushing a heavy kid in a stroller. She looked like she was struggling a bit. We started talking to her and helped her push her stroller almost all the way home. She was phenomenal!!! She is 24 yrs old from El Salvador originally, but grew up her. Her name is Aleyda. As we were talking to her it was sooo evident that she needed the Gospel as everyone does of course. And not only did she need it but she was ready to receive it. We were on our way to an appt so we set up a time to come back that same night after some appointments that we had. When we went back that night she was so excited to see us, as were we. We taught her and then set a time to come back the next day. Needless to say we have taught her everyday since then. We commited her to come to church on saturday and she agreed. after our dinner appt we got an Voicemail from her saying something came upa nd she couldnt make but we could stop by and talk to her about it if we wanted to. When we got there she said she had just put her last diaper on her son and she didnt know how she was going to get more and how she could make it to church. We then asked her two questions "what size diapers does he wear and is that the only thing keeping you from coming to church?" She answered us we didnt say anything else we got up made a trip to walmart got her some diapers and a few other things headed back and she was in tears. Aleyda came to church on Sunday and loved it. Satan was not going to win that battle. She is sooo excited to keep learning and embrace the gospel and it's teaching we are so excited to continue teaching her. I love this work. Miracles like this make it so easy to do. It's worth it. When you see the blessings and the friuts of your labor, it's impossible to not work harder and harder. I love it. So I know my mothers Thanksgiving food will fill me up really well but these memories will fill me up for a lifetime. I will always reflect upon them and they will continue to strenghten my testimony of the truthfullness of this Gospel. I love you all and i love this work... HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment