Monday, October 4, 2010

Well hello all...
I have some pretty quick updates for you. So here goes nothing. Umm, I'm absolutely loving my new area. We live with members of the church and they are amazing. Sister Powell is deaf but is what they call an expert in the ability to read lips. She can hear a little with her hearing aids but mostly she just reads your lips. Its so awesome. I find that at times, now, when I'm talking to someone i want them to look at me because im afraid they cant hear me its pretty funny. I also am trying to learn how to read lips better. Its a pretty cool art ot have. She told me her and her sisters have full conversations with no sound just moving their lips. Oh and she talks by the way. I know when i say deaf people think she cant talk either. Well anyhow its just really cool and she doesnt speak sign language at all. Brother Powell her husband is also phenomenal. He is in the Bishopric at the singles ward. We dont cover the singles ward, just the family ward. So those are the members we live with.
Oh so now I am in a a trio. Which means I now have 2 companions that im with 24 hours of the day 7 days a week. This is the only thing I can honestly say that if you are in one youre blessed and if you never are in one you are blessed. It is very very difficult but the experience is amazing nonetheless. The Lord has so many opportunities to show you how to improve. I think i said this last time but if not I'll say it again. My one companion Sister Lin is from Taiwan and my other companion is Sister Baice is from Samoa. If you have been following my blog that name should look familiar. Sister Baice and I served together last transfer and had a great time. Now the Lord has saw fit to give it another shot. It's a blessing when you have the opportunity to get a second shot at a companionship no matter how great it was. And our transfer was great. We are all learning and growing a lot. I appreciate this time the Lord has given me to be better and improve. We are embracing being together, however, it was do to a series of unfortunate events. Sister Baice's companion decided to go home early because the mission is a little difficult. Ok, i understate... the mission is REALLY difficult. I know this work at times can be discouraging but I also know the Savior felt the same way. I always ask myself am I better than He. "[He suffered] temptations and pain of body, hunger thirst and fatigue even more than man can suffer except it be unto death." I know surely I can do this with His help. It is very difficult but I know that I need to be here. I love this work. I hope that you all pray for the missionaries in the field and those that are preparing to serve the Lord that they will be protected, that Satan will not have power over them. It is difficult enough to go out and even more difficult to stay. Pray for those you love. Satan is working double time when he knows you are preparing to armor up and go to battle. Let us always be mindful that he has angels too, and boy would they love to devour us!
I enjoyed General Conference yesterday and Saturday. I know the leaders of the Church are inspired of God. I feel like Elder Holland when he said "no ones mission has meant as much to them as mine did to me." I'm not serving a mission for me. I'm serving for my family back home, for my future husband and children. I'm serving for those who have never heard of "The Gospel of Jesus Christ." Again, I quote Paul "I am not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ." I am so blessed to be a member of His Church to be able to learn and grow. I love The many blessings i receive because of my faithfulness and diligence even though I fall short far too OFTEN of His glory. I love you all and watch General Conference if you havent already.
Go to www.lds.org

No comments:

Post a Comment